In your DDS for the DSPF you need to use the WINDOW op code.
Then when you do an EXFMT, the window will display.
WINDOW(3 07 18 58)
The OVERLAY keyword will keep the current screen in the background.
03 = Beginning line number for window
07 = Number of space from the left of the screen to start window
18 = NUmber of lines in the window
58 = Number of characters in a line
You will need to show us your DDS
if you are building three records
1 .. Window – just declares position/size/boarders
2 .. SFLCTL
3 .. SFL
1. DSPF The Subfile control record contains WINDOW(YourWindowRecordName)
2. RPGLE After clearing or initializing the control
3. RPGLE Loop to load the subfile
4. RPGLE Exfmt SFLCtlRecordName
If you want a footer on the window
4. DSPF Write Footer (the Footer record also contains WINDOW(YourWindowRecordName)
5. Exfmt SFLCtlRecordName