We are apparently having a conflict between Windows Live OneCare X and McAfee Security Center Version 8. McAfee does not allow third-party protection software (such as Ad-Aware).
We have contacted Windows Live OneCare on January 7 and 25 - no response. Here is the situation:
Windows Live OneCare showed on January 7 that we had 3 High issues and 3 Medium issues:
* Adware: Win32/Comscore.B
* Adware: Win32/NewDotNet
* Adware: Win32/eZula.Earn
* Adware: Win32/ClarisGAIN.Trickler
* Adware: Win32/WhenU.SaveNow
* Software Bundler: Win32/Imesh
Currently, the icon appears red and says we are "at risk." When we double-click the icon, the program opens, then goes to a white screen and "hangs."
How do we resolve these issues?
Windows Live OneCare fupport previously said,
Firstly, please understand that a yellow status means there is an important but less urgent action that should be performed to help protect your computer. For example:
1. The Backup task is not performed when needed.
2. The Tune-up task is not run as scheduled.
3. There is missing update for Microsoft Update.
4. The Phishing Filter is not enabled on the computer.
To resolve the yellow status issue, please read the "Action to Take", and perform the recommended action when it is convenient.
If you would like to disable the Backup and back up manually, we can follow these steps:
1. Open Windows Live OneCare.
2. Click "Change settings" on the left side, and then select the Backup tab in the Windows Live OneCare Settings dialog box.
3. Click "Configure backup" button and click Next when the Windows popup.
4. Uncheck "Turn on backup on this PC", click Next, and click Save the save the settings. OneCare will not change the status indicator to Yellow when a backup is needed.