Thanks! We'll email you
when relevant content is
added and updated.
OK. Here's there deal.
I am needing to print a logo at the top of a normal spool file created on the i5. Now, the logo will need to be stored as a font in the memory of the local HP printer. So I will have to --
Prior to sending the actual spool file --
1) Install the PCL font in the printer by sending a Font ID command to the printer
2) Copy the font to the printer
3) Make the font permanent
Now I can use the font and the printer will print the logo image. So inside of the spool file I will need to --
1) Send it control codes to tell the printer to begin using the font (which is really the logo image)
2) Then send it the specific character ID's that are equivalent to the font
3) Switch back to the default font
4) Print the remaining text of the spool file
Has anyone done anything remotely similar to this? I have Googled this task and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. If anyone has some books or specific recommendations, It would be greatly appreciated.
September 12, 2006 4:42 PM
September 13, 2006 8:23 AM