Thanks! We'll email you
when relevant content is
added and updated.
Performance of very large sql server table with millions of rows:
- I have a SQL server database
- I have more than 200 tables in the database
- I have one table that contains information on every row in all the tables. So this table will have millions of rows (Let us name it Bigtable)
- Any data modification (insert, update, delete) on any row in any table in the database will make the same operation on the relevant row in the Bigtable, so we have a lot of data modifications in this table,
- Any query on any table will join Bigtable to get relevant data from the Bigtable. (so there will be a lot of joins to Bigtable
MY QUESTION: is there a problem with such a design; What about performance, indexes ??
February 6, 2009 12:57 AM
February 6, 2009 3:21 PM