Automatically redirect incoming messages to another e-mail account
Use this method if you don't want recipients of the redirected messages to know that they were delivered by way of your Inbox.
Note The following steps explain how to create and apply a rule (rule: One or more automatic actions taken on e-mail messages and meeting requests that meet certain conditions, along with any exceptions to those conditions. Rules are also referred to as filters.) to your Inbox or one of your private folders. To create a rule for a public folder, you must do so from the folder's Properties dialog box.
1. In Mail, in the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), on the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
2. If you have more than one e-mail account (e-mail account: The server name, user name, password, and e-mail address used by Outlook to connect to an e-mail service. You create the e-mail account in Outlook by using information provided by your administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).) in your Outlook e-mail profile (Outlook e-mail profile: A profile is what Outlook uses to remember the e-mail accounts and the settings that tell Outlook where your e-mail is stored.), in the Apply changes to this folder list, click the Inbox to which you want the rule to apply.
3. Click New Rule.
4. Click Start from a blank rule, and then click Next.
5. Under Step 1: Select when messages should be checked, click Check messages when they arrive, and then click Next.
6. Under Step 1: Select condition(s), select the check box next to each condition that you want the incoming message to match.
7. Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click the underlined value that corresponds to the condition, and then select or type the necessary information.
Example: Redirect each incoming message whose subject contains the words "Contoso Pharmaceuticals"
a. Under Step 1: Select condition(s), select the with specific words in the subject check box.
b. Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click specific words.
c. In the Search Text dialog box, type Contoso Pharmaceuticals in the Specify words box, click Add, and then click OK.
8. Click Next.
9. Under Step 1: Select action(s), select the redirect it to people or distribution list check box.
10. Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click people or distribution list.
11. In one of the address lists, double-click the name or distribution list to which you want to redirect the messages, and then click OK.
12. Click Next twice.
13. Under Step 1: Specify a name for this rule, type a name.
To run this rule on the messages that are already in your folders, select the Run this rule now on messages already in "folder" check box.
To apply this rule to all your e-mail accounts and Inboxes, select the Create this rule on all accounts check box.