I am supporting a user who is having issues with opening links from Outlook emails. At some point, the user made Firefox his default browser by mistake, so anytime he clicked on a URL link in an Outlook email, it would automatically open it using Firefox. He wanted to have the links open in Internet Explorer (IE), so I changed the default browser to be IE. The links were still being opened in Firefox though, so after some more playing around, I ended up removing Firefox entirely. At this point, when he clicked on a link, he would be prompted for a program to use to open it (even though IE was set as the default browser). I pointed this to IE, which is fine except now the URL links won't open to the site that the link is pointing to...instead, a IE browser window is opened and goes directly to his set home page, rather than resolving to the link.
I'm out of ideas at this point...help!
Free Guide: Managing storage for virtual environments
Complete a brief survey to get a complimentary 70-page whitepaper featuring the best methods and solutions for your virtual environment, as well as hypervisor-specific management advice from TechTarget experts. Don’t miss out on this exclusive content!