Horrendous problem with Outlook 2007 – have tried everything but nothing has fixed it so far.
I have 3 machines running Ultimate, Vista Home and XP SP1. It’s the same on all.
It was all OK until 3 days ago and suddenly all had the same problem – when I try to sync I get a window asking me to enter my password (which is already saved in Outlook, of course) but it will neither save it nor access the server. I get the error message:
Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR invalid user name or password.'
I know this is common because I can see it everywhere, but none of the solutions work.
Steps taken so far:
1. Changed my profile and deleted the old one
2. Deleted my account and set it up again from scratch. I’ve done this from Control Panel/Mail without Outlook even running – problem is, it won’t even set it up automatically – I get this message (even when I set it up manually):
“Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving POP server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or ISP.”
3. Being Gmail, I have tried to set it up with both POP and IMAP but no difference
4. I use Spybot, Adaware and Spywareblaster as well as Avast antivirus, which I have disabled, to no avail.
5. I can access my Gmail account through the web normally
PLEASE help – hours spent with no progress. THANK YOU.
March 30, 2008 9:01 PM
May 1, 2008 5:07 PM