Assuming that you are using Windows XP, on Configuraiton Panel select "Admin tool" Icon and then "ODBC Data source"
Then, on the "System data source" tab press the "Add" button.
A new Window would pop up to give you the existing ODBC driver list on your PC.
Assuming that you are using Client Access, Select "Client Access ODBC Driver (32 bit) .
Another Window would pop up.
On the first tab:
- Select your AS/400 in the "System" drop down list.
- Give a name to your DSN in the "Data source name" field
- If you want to specify connection option (User profile, Signon dialog prompting) press the "Connection Option button to specify information.
On the second tab:
- Specify the SQL default library. This library will be your targetted library (for example if you create table in your SQL instruction without specifying a library)
- In the library list field, specify all libraries that you want to access seperated by a space.
On the 3rd tab:
- Specify the package library (This library will eventually contain your SQL package basic objects to communicate between yous AS/400 and your PC) .QGPL (default value) is fair enough.
For all other tab, you chould leave it as it is with default values.
There you go !
Have fun !
Last Wiki Answer Submitted: July 17, 2008 2:17 pm by DanTheMan 2395 pts.