If u are planning to enter a career in application development or software project management using Java technology, SCJA would be the best choice.
Though U mentioned done Java & J2EE so achieving the SCJP certification provides clear evidence that a programmer understands the basic syntax and structure of the Java programming language. If ur aim is to demonstrate superior programming skills in J2SE, this certification would be right for u.
Once u have the basic certifications, u can pursue advanced certifications that help enable career growth into more specific job roles like Mobile Application Developer or Business Component Developer according to ur area of interest….
The Global Java certs are for :
1. Sun Certified Java Associate(SCJA)–For certs and etc link to: www.whizlabs.com/scja/scja.html
2. Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP)– For certs and etc link to: www.whizlabs.com/scjp/scjp.html)
3. Sun Certified Java Developer (SCJD)– For certs and etc link to: www.sun.com/training/certification/java/scjd.xml
4. Sun Certified Web Component Developer (SCWCD)– For certs and etc link to: www.whizlabs.com/scwcd/scwcd.html
5. Sun Certified Business Component Developer (SCBCD)– For certs and etc link to: www.whizlabs.com/scbcd/scbcd.html
6. Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services (SCDJWS)– For certs and etc link to: www.whizlabs.com/scdjws/scdjws.html
7. Sun Certified Mobile Application Developer (SCMAD)– For certs and etc link to:
8. Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA)– For certs and etc link to: www.whizlabs.com/scea/scea.html
Remember Sun is now handshakes with Oracle !
@ Good Luck !