Planning a migration from Oracle 10gR2 to Oracle 11g. Below are the specifications, what should I consider before starting a plan? Any experience in this - advice greatly appreciated.
Conditions to meet during migration:
1) Currently Our Production Database 10gR2 is on Solaris server. (Server- N3000).
2) And now we are migrating to Oracle 11g on solaris server. (Server- N5000).
3) Our Database is running on 24X7 basis, The Applications running on this database is Prepaid Card Processing.
4) We have total 14 Application schemas in our database, In that 4 schemas need dynamic syncing with new 11g database.
5) In these 4 schemas we have around 120 tables. We need dynamic syncing for these tables.
6) And the load impact on the database is less in between 9:30pm and 12:00am and 6am to 9am.
7) Our database has about 41/2 million transactions per day, and we generate about 500 archived redo log files per day.
9) The important thing is we can't put any impact or load on the redolog files.
10) One more Important thing is we dont have any test databases.
10) The client is looking for database downtime is in between (20 to 30) mins.
10) This Production database doen't have the Disaster Recovery.
11) And we are taking storage(SAN Based) backups.
oracle 10g R2 migrating to Oraclle 11g
June 8, 2010 3:31 PM
June 8, 2010 3:36 PM