I use this software package called WebCam Monitor v5.08. It’s not free but there is a trial version so you can try it out. Check out these features:
WebCam Monitor keeps watch over your home, office, or any location. It detects motion or noise, and triggers customizable Alerts that can record video and audio of the incident, notify you by e-mail or text message, or sound an audible alarm. It can also begin recording at pre-set intervals to maintain a record of events.
It’s as simple as connecting a camera to your PC, or an IP camera to your network. Using the configuration wizard, your surveillance system can be up and running in minutes. Using multiple cameras, it’s easy to monitor large areas from a single PC.
Your surveillance system is on guard 24 hours a day—or you can use the powerful built-in Scheduler to activate and deactivate monitoring on a daily, weekly, or custom timetable. When motion or noise is detected, you can see a snapshot from your camera seconds later on a mobile phone. WebCam Monitor can automatically upload recorded video, audio, and snapshots to a server. This lets you view them from anywhere, at any time, and also makes it impossible for an intruder to steal or destroy them, as is possible with traditional videotape-based systems. Video can also be streamed live over the Internet, letting you monitor events from any computer with an Internet connection.
Professional security features include automatic time-stamping of recorded video and snapshots. All monitored activity is displayed in an event log for quick reference. The Auto Delete function lets you keep a “last number of days” set of recordings and snaps, without risking filling your hard disk and without having to manually track and delete files.
WebCam Monitor is a complete video security solution, with both multiple camera support and remote monitoring. WebCam Monitor goes far beyond traditional video security systems, with with an astounding combination of power and flexibility. It is the perfect way to turn your PC into a sophisticated monitoring and surveillance system.
With WebCam Monitor you can:
* Use webcams and IP cameras to monitor and record video.
* Schedule monitoring to start and stop automatically.
* Record continuously from any selected camera.
* Broadcast the video from your camera so you can view it remotely.
* Stamp the video recording with date and time for legal purposes.
* Use a wizard to automatically configure WebCam Monitor for common monitoring scenarios.
* Get e-mail notifications with a photo snap of the triggering event.
* View all event history, along with recordings and photo snaps, from within WebCam Monitor.
* Set up a web site whose images are constantly updated by WebCam Monitor.
* Digitally zoom any camera up to 200%.
* Upload recorded videos, audios, and photo snaps using FTP.
* Configure one or several cameras for viewing and monitoring.