I am looking for some information on the following:
We have a wireless internet connection through a Belkin modem/router (F1PI241EGau). Currenlty we have teenage students staying with us who have there own laptops who connect up to our router. We would like to know how we can moitor there internet activity (usage, inappropriate websites). We have reached our monthly quota usage through our broadband ISP in 2 days and this has not happened until the students arrived.
1. How can we monitor their individual internet activity?
2. How do we put a quota on downloads/uploads?
3. They are not connected to our computer but is there any risk that we could get virus through their activity?
4. Is there a way we can view the websites they visit?
5. How many Mb/sec does instant messaging with video steaming use?
6. We know they leave their computers on 24/7 in idle mode, would this affect usage?
Systems we are running are McAfee Security Centre, NetGear wireless PCI adaptor, Windows XP, Belkin modem/router (F1PI241EGau)
February 9, 2008 12:11 AM
February 9, 2008 11:24 PM