Here are some considerations. You should ask yourself when preparing for market strategy.
1. Who uses your product? Who does it appeal to?
2. Who influences the purchase of your product? If you are selling breakfast cereal, the mother in the household may make the actual purchase, but her children may influence her decision.
3. How expensive is your product or service? Does it appeal to a mass audience, or is available only to those of a certain income.
4. How is your product sold or distributed? Can it only be purchased online or in select geographic areas of the country?
5. Is your product the type of thing one usually purchases for him/herself, or is usually bought for someone else?
6. Does your product/service appeal only to those with a certain education level?