What’s the total size of your mailstore? I thought Exchange 2003 has a 16 Gig hard limit (shared by all users and all shared folders)
That limit is for Exchange 2003 Standard version only. If this is Enterprise there is no 16GB limit.
The 16GB limit is a “semi-hard” limit, at least if you are running Exchange 2003 SP2. You can kick the limit to 75GB by perfroming the following:
1. Start the registry editor.
2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesMSExchangeIS[ServerName][GUID of private store] or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesMSExchangeIS[Servername]<GUID of public store>3Choose Edit > New > DWORD Value.
3. Name the new value “Database Size Limit in GB”
4. Edit the new value and give it a size between 1 and 75 GB.
5. Restart the Information Store service.
Note that the limit set relates to the total mail store size…
The limit only applies to Exchange 2003 Standard. Enterprise has no such limit.