It is necessary to make some tweaking on the Lotus Notes….
1. Set user preferences to suit individual needs. Likewise mail settings, including message notification method, time zone, fonts (minimum), replication settings and port settings.
2. Open Database Properties > Advanced, and check the box next to “Do Not Maintain Unread Marks” setting
3. Optimize the document table map. Choosing this setting under the Advanced tab under the same will speed up small view updates in large databases.
Remember, make sure u have sufficient space to allow for a temporary copy of database
4. Stop overwriting free space. As a security measure, Notes overwrites deleted data to prevent unauthorized users from accessing the database and this tricks significantly slow down the performance in most cases. Select “Don’t Overwrite Free Space” under Advanced tab can improve performance
5. Use simple agents to automate tasks such as dealing with mail and documents.
And last but not least, stop using strong encryption & choose a lower setting.
For better ConcpT from <a href=”http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/library/app-troubleshooting2/”>IBM</a> AND
more <a href=”http://www.nsftools.com/tips/PerfTips.htm”>Tips & Tricks</a>
Hope it helps u lot !