Try this, if it helps U….
Click Start > run > cmd and type ipconfig. Now observe at the 3rd set of numbers, i.e. default gateway. Open any browser and type the gateway address and this can take u to the main page of the router. Though u didn’t specify router’s model / confs. This is general situation what I suggest here. One more thing, if u never changed the default password in the first attempt, so, not necessary to go for reset, just use the default password as described document in the manual.
well the 1st thing is you will be required to know what is your router password. I can roughly guide you thru but the rest you will be required to fill in yourself
1. Fireup IE
2. Type in the router password on the address. for example http(s)://188.8.131.52
3. Press enter
4. Look for wireless connection.
5. Look for the password that has been put there.
6. If you want to continue to use that password, then note it down, if not just change the password.
7. Save if you change the password
8. You might or might not be required to restart the router.
Hope that helps as a rough guide for you
sorry my answer is not accurate and i dont know how to delete the answer, another thing you can do is to hard reset the thing to factory default. most routers do come with it.