What total and utter nonsense that previous answer is. This must be some windows jockey who knows
nothing about Open Source software. There at least two very well respected test suites available:
The Phoronix Test Sute
and The Linux Test Project. Either should get you
what you want.
I agree. I removed the useless and bad info from the answer and left my original question of what it is that the asker is wanting to test.
At the risk of being pedantic, when you say “perfect results”, that’s going to depend on several factors – some already mentioned by other folks.
- What is it you are specifically testing?
- What is it that you hope to measure or learn?
- How will you know that you have succeeded in doing that?
- Does management know what they want? – other than just “results”?
- Is there a specific business need driving the test effort?
If you don’t have answers to these, it may be time to go back to management and get those answers BEFORE you and they get frustrated by not getting the answers you want – through having failed to ask the correct questions.