New download: Microsoft LimitLogin 1.0
“Microsoft is happy to announce the availability of LimitLogin v1.0, an application that adds the ability to limit concurrent interactive user logons in an Active Directory domain. It can also keep track of all logins information in Active Directory domains (without necessarily enforcing logons quotas).
The challenge of limiting concurrent logons in a distributed environment is huge, and although LimitLogin is not a “bullet proof” solution to all the aspects of this challenge, many customers might still find this tool helpful, as this capability has been highly requested by different customers (banks, ISPs, libraries etc) in numerous RFPs etc.”
LimitLogin capabilities include:
- Limiting the number of logins per user from any machine in the domain, including Terminal Server sessions.
- Displaying the logins information of any user in the domain according to a specific criterion (e.g. all the logged-on sessions to a specific client machine or Domain Controller, or all the machines a certain user is currently logged on to).
- Easy management and configuration by integrating to the Active Directory MMC snap-ins.
- Ability to delete and log off user session remotely straight from the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in.
- Generating Login information reports in CSV (Excel) and XML formats.
Please keep in mind that this tool is Not Supported (similar to a resource kit or support tool).