I don’t know what is your standard.
As a good security manager, you want make of your network a castle where nobody even you could acces.
The standard I know and which is on use in the main part on Network systems in the world is :
– a minimum number of digits (start at 6),
– mixed alpha and numeric characters,
– change at minimum every three months,
– new password different that the forth oldest paswords.
It’s large inhaf to assure the maximum security. You must know that eSeries is the most security system in the word and knowed as. 80% of Web Sites in the world is localised on eSeries. Eseries is the only machine which can manage from 1 to 30 000 users. He is object way securirty since 15 years and he was the first.
Windows is knowing as the worth security system and you have to use somme added software to be able to secure it (As Active Directory).
Please minimize your strong rules on Windows as describe above to let available access your network.
If you want maintain your strong and unusefullable rules, you have only one way :
– manage two differents paswword and set up your eSeries connection parameters to ask each time the eSeries password.