I recommended Intel Centrino 2 with VPro…. Great hardware-assisted diagnostics and repair options that let manage mobile workforce even remotely. I hope it will never happen, but if the OS does not work properly, it will manage tricky. Needless to say that it has great productivity with better performance and solid battery life. Here is a better <a href=”http://www.intel.com/technology/mobility/index.htm?iid=tech_product_lhn+mobility”>ConcepT</a>
Also I am providing several steps for securing Mobile Workforce….
1. Keep the backup data secure with on a USB drive
2. Must encrypt the HDD, if this is stolen/lost then it keeps ur data secure as well as emails also
3. Always update & download latest patch for authenticated softwares
4. If possible try to use a VPN, because it helps to encrypt all important data before it leaves laptop, and keeps it encrypted until it reaches a trusted environment.
5. Run a firewall and a good anti-virus software, though there is no anti-virus SW in the market provides guarantee to protect ur system, but prevention is better than cure.
Hope it helps u !