You have to edit the registry. This worked for me when I ran into this issue:
To resolve this behavior: 1. Restart your computer, and then run Internet Explorer Setup.
If restarting your computer does not resolve the issue, go to step 2. WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
4. Locate and click the following registry key:
5. Locate and delete any PendingFileRenameOperations values in the key.
6. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
7. Quit Registry Editor.