I have asked this question before but got no reply. I hope I have better luck this time.
I have an external USB hard drive which I can plug into either of my two PC's. I would like to install Oracle 10g on the external USB hard drive and be able to access/use it from either PC. How do I go about it?
What are the things I need to do on the external USB hard drive and on each of my two PC's? I would like a list of the steps I must take, e.g.:
1) Install on one PC with home directory on USB drive
2) Install on other PC to same/different home directory
3) Modify Parameter-A to this value
4) Modify Parameter-B to another value
5) Add/delete such and such file/folder
The advantages of this arrangement over installing separately on each PC would be:
1) Less overall disk space requirement
2) No regular/frequent synchronization required
3) Less backup space and time
4) Less maintenance (defragging and scanning)
5) I can take the USB drive on the road along with my laptop PC.