I needed some information and datapoints on the following topics:
- today what is 10GbE card used for?
- what do you see the future for 10GbE?
- what do you think is an acceptable price point for this card (just a guesstimate)? Today it is very expensive as compared to the regular 1GbE cards. It is almost 10 times the price.
- which applications and where do you see the usage of this card?
- which target market (vertical industry as well as horizontal industry) - Telco, server consolidation, partitioning etc?
- do you think that a 10GbE card can be used as a core I/O card on a server - maybe on high end servers (UNIX, Intel ....) OR do you think customers would continue to use 1GbE card as a core I/O?
- what is a core I/O card and what is it used for by the customers in the datacenters?
If you can respond to any of these questions if not all, it would be really appreciated. If you can give any additional information on this topic of 10GbE, it would be very helpful. Any kind of pointers etc also would be very helpful.
Thanks a lot for spending some time on this and help me get my answers.
Free Guide: Managing storage for virtual environments
Complete a brief survey to get a complimentary 70-page whitepaper featuring the best methods and solutions for your virtual environment, as well as hypervisor-specific management advice from TechTarget experts. Don’t miss out on this exclusive content!