In Active Directory I have created a Contact Called "user1ext" I have given this contact an SMTP emai address.
I have set user1 to forward to user1ext (and deliver to own mailbox).
If another user within the exchange organization sends an email with an attachment to user1, the external SMTP
address receives two emails both with identical subject lines. The first email contains the correct attachment
plus message text, the second just has an attachment of "winmail.dat".
I have tried setting the MIME settings inside the Contact to HTML only, but this makes no difference.
Strangely, if I email the contact "User1ext" directly from inside the exchange org, I receive just the one correct email - no winmail.dat. It only seems to happen when the contact is used as a forward.