I have the following set up:
2 Domain Controllers - Win2k3 Standard
1 member server with Exchange 2003 Standard
100 XP Pro workstations
Currently I use a sonicwall Pro 200 firewall, Symantec Corporate edition 10 AntiVirus, and Symanted Mail Security for Exchange.
Everything works fine.
I need to be able to control internet access a little better than just with group policy proxy settings and such, and also monitor internet usage.
It was suggested that I use Microsoft ISA server 2006 and I can purchase it through a non-profit agreement for about $60.
I have never used it or seen it used and hoped you would offer your experiences/knowledge about the product.
1. Will it provide internet access control on a per user basis?
2. Can I allow only certain websites, or block certain websites?
3. Would this replace my Sonicwall firewall, or just add to it? (I would love to cancel the support agreement)
4. Does the remote user connection feature work well/reliable?
5. Is a users internet surfing speed affected by going through ISA server? This is VERY important to us.
6. Do the logs provide detailed history of internet activity?
7. Is there any SPAM, Antivirus, spyware/malware protection built in to this product?
8. Finally, are there any general, or specific "gotchas" or "pain in the butts" to watch out for with this product.
Feel free to offer other product suggestions if this one is not recommended.
Thanks...and hopefully that's not too many questions