However, when we forgot/lost the domain admin password what can we do? In fact, there are many methods for resetting/recovering Windows password, but notice, most of these methods just can reset Windows local user password. Such as:
- Login safe mode as built-in administrator without password and via Control Panel or Computer Manage to reset their lost account password.
- Use a password reset disk you have created for the user account password to reset the password include admin and common user password.
- Use a system repair disc to restore system to a time point.
- Use net user in command line and Lusrmgr.msc in Run box.
And so on…..
Unfortunately these methods cannot recover/reset the Windows domain password. Now what we can do is Google for some special methods. But take it easy, I have found it for you, though it is a paid software, but I think it may be the best and easiest way to reset the domain password. Reset domain password with Windows Password Rescuer Advanced. By this small software you can easily reset the domain password without lose anything and do not require any tech operation.
Get to the point, now let us see the step-by-step guide to recover domain password with “Windows Password Rescuer Advanced”. To recover Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 domain administrator/user password, follow four steps below:
- Download and install “Windows Password Rescuer Advancer“, and use it to create a Windows password recovery disk with CD/DVD or USB.
- Set the locked server computer to boot from CD/DVD-ROM or USB drive.
- Boot the locked computer from Windows password recovery disk.
- Reset Windows 2008/2003/2000 domain password.