First of all we need to configure Reports to use your SMTP server to send emails. The SMTP server address is held in a configuration file called rwbuilder.conf. Follow the steps below:
1. Find this file (usually in /reports/conf or search for it using Windows search)..
2. Open it for editing in your favourite editor.
3. Find an entry like 192.168.100.100 (Please note that the IP address in the file on your PC will be different to this one).
4. Change the IP address found in the above step to your SMTP server's NAME or IP Address.
5. Save and close this file
6. Close Oracle reports if it up and then restart it (so it can read the changed config file)
The above steps would configure Reports to use your SMTP server.
Set the following "System Parameters" under Data Model in Oracle Reports for your report.
* DESTYPE = Mail
* DESNAME = email address where you want the ouput to go to
Run your report and if all goes well you should have an email in your inbox (if you supplied your email address in DESNAME parameter of course!!).
Last Wiki Answer Submitted: April 27, 2009 6:25 am by Technowise290 pts.