I have a few Windows Servers(2000/2003) which are monitored by a managed services company.
I want to give these guys a domain account with the following rights:
1) Restart services on any server in the domain
2) Reboot any computer in the domain (there are only servers in this domain)
3) Nothing really higher level than that.
I have 2 questions related to this:
1) What is the minimum access rights I can delegate to this account to achieve what I want to give them, but nothing more?
2) What's the easiest way of actually delegating these access rights?
3) How do I delegate these suggested rights on a DC? (as DC's have no local accounts or groups). There are 2 DC's in this domain.
I need suggestions for both Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 as I'm giving them rights to 2 domains, 1 has Windows 2000 servers and one has 2003.
October 6, 2005 10:50 AM
June 26, 2012 10:28 AM