To Print from DOS to USB Printer, u have to install MS Loopback Adapter. After installing,
Configure the Adapter.
Remember, loopback adapter is a virtual network adapter and can be configured the same as a regular network card. Set the adapter to have a static IP address, Share the printer and capture the printer port. Now open EDIT, and type the following :
net use * /delete
net use LPT1: \\<Computer Name>\<Printersharename> /PERSISTENT:YES
and save the file as .bat extension.
NOTE: This guide for network printing….
If u want to print as a local printer, then….use Control Panel for DOS from the Starter CD of printer driver !
Before installing Control Panel, make sure the printer is set up and turned on.
1.Insert Starter CD into CD-ROM drive
2. Exit Windows to DOS and at the DOS prompt, i.e. C:\>, type the CD-ROM drive letter followed by a colon (:) and press ENTER.
3. Type CD \DOS\DJCP , and press ENTER. This will change to the directory containing the files for the Control Panel. (if the file not found, download from internet)
4. Type INSTALL and then press ENTER
5. Follow On-Screen instructions to complete installation.
6. Now change the usb printer directory (say, type CD \HP1020) and press ENTER
7. Type DJCP and press ENTER. This will start the Control Panel
8. Now select printer settings that are not available from DOS programs.
CAUTION: Printer settings that are selected from a DOS program may override printer settings selected from the Control Panel.
IMP NOTES: DOS programs are developed independently according to different standards, each DOS program requires its own printer drivers. If the DOS application does not show a selection for the specific printer, u can go for a substitute driver for a HP printer. U can use printer driver for DOS programs that do not provide support for HP Deskjet printers, HP LaserJet printer drivers can be used instead.
Another way u may download DOSPRN a small utility that may help to solve ur problems. For download: DOSPRN HERE.
For better concept and idea, please visit DOS2USB.
Hope it helps you!