1. Start an FTP session from your PC to your AS/400. From command type FTP hostname. (replace hostname with your hostname or IP address).
2. Type your user id and password when prompted.
3. Change working directory on your PC to where your file is. lcd directoryname.
4. Change working directory on AS/400 to your personal library. cd libraryname.
5. Select binary or ascii if necessary. BIN or ASC. You probably don't need to do this if you're just transferring text.
6. Transfer the file. PUT pcfilename as400filename (where pcfilename is the filename with the extension e.g. myfile.txt and the as400filename is a valid AS/400 object name - <= 10 characters long).
7. Exit the FTP session. quit.
That should be enough to get your file to the AS/400.
Last Wiki Answer Submitted: April 1, 2008 12:23 pm by Gilly40023,625 pts.