For simple security reason, you cannot without switching ID, "filesecurityswitch ID")
* you can also delegate both database to the other ID (see Notes Help for explanation).
The drawback of the cross delegation is that each mail sent with the "wrong" ID will state "XXX sent by YYY" where XXX is the owner of the mail file and YYYY is the current ID used.
* There is another way not to close and reopen Notes : the site document in your personnal AB.
Create two, one for each ID you have.
Choose a meaningful name.
Put the proper information for the ID : server, mail file, ...
in the last tab, put the path of the ID in the corresponding field
You can then use them via the drop down list at the bottom right of your notes client.
switching the site, will
- close all open database
- prompt you for the password of the linked ID
- set the user environment to the new ID
If you already selecting the site at the login, then you do not have anything to do, simply use the drop down list mentionned above.
* Last but not least, create two instance of Notes using to separated notes.ini and DATA_DIRECTORY.
Once done, you can use both IDs at the same time.
in short : ,
- copy *.ntf from the genuine Notes Data folder to the new one
- copy the your notes.ini (usually c:program fileslotusnotesnotes.ini)
- empty all line but the 6 first from the new notes.ini
- copy the shortcut you use to start Notes and alter the commande line
° alter the exe to be nlnotes.exe (instead of notes.exe)
° change the "=.....notes.ini" parameter to be your new notes.ini path
° add the line "=X" X being your new Notes.ini path
- start notes : you chould be prompted for setup, complete it with the second ID
Note : it is also possible to do that with multi-user install of Notes, but it's a bit complicated