You might often come across this situation when you forget
the password for your WordPress blog and you don’t remember what email you used
for the user either. In that case you do not have to panic as there is a Plan B
for getting your password back and regaining control of your blog in just a
matter of minutes.
Just follow the simple steps and get your blog back:The best
to do this through the WP database which can be accessed using PhpMyAdmin.
1. Login to your cPanel, look for PhpMyadmin in the menu or
simply type it in the search bar and it will come up in the results below.
2. Click on the PhpMyadmin logo which will open the
databases then click on the Blog database.
3. Go to the WP Users file which would be the last one in
the sidebar on your left.
4. Open the WP User file and Click on ‘Edit’ as shown in the
5. Change your password in the user_pass box and press GO.
6. Your password is now changed and you can access your
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;