I am providing best of my knowledge to planing a new Active Directory structure. The determinations are that u keep in ur mind :
* The availability and fault tolerance of the directory
* The network usage characteristics of directory clients and servers
* How efficiently you can manage the contents of the directory
* The way users view and interact with the directory
* The ability of your directory structures to evolve as your organization evolves
Well preplanned Active Directory is essential to a cost-effective. Investing time in the planning phase will help you avoid spending time and money in the future reworking structures …. Because giving more time at the initial stage may reduce time afterwards and may help to implement easily !
To create your directory structure plans, follow the sequence of planning step
* Learn the key Active Directory concepts that influence structure planning, and adjust the
suggested planning steps
* Identify the people in your organization who should participate in structure planning.
* Understand how existing business practices might need to change or evolve to take full
advantage of Active Directory.
* Understand the flexibility of the structures you create, and realize which of your choices
Hope it may help u !