I've created a group policy (using a vista PC) to redirect users' My
Documents folder to a sub folder of their home drive. I.e. It should
redirect to \myserverusersjoe.bloggsMy Documents
It works fine for windows XP, but vista clients only seem to redirect "my
music", "my pictures" and "my videos". All their documents seem to stay in
In the GPO I have chosen under the folder redirection policy
- target tab - Setting - basic
- target tab - target folder location - create a folder for each user under
the root path
- target tab - root path - \myserverusers
- settings tab - ticked "move the contents of documents to the new location
- settings tab - ticked also apply to XP etc
Can anyone help?
Free Guide: Managing storage for virtual environments
Complete a brief survey to get a complimentary 70-page whitepaper featuring the best methods and solutions for your virtual environment, as well as hypervisor-specific management advice from TechTarget experts. Don’t miss out on this exclusive content!