Recently implemented change to group policy recommended by software vendor by the below instructions:
1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and
then click Domain Controller Security Policy.
2. Click Security Settings.
3. Click Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
4. In the right pane, double-click Impersonate a client after authentication.
5. In the Security Policy Setting window, click Define these policy settings.
6. Click Add, and then click Browse.
7. In the Select Users or Groups window, select the IWAM account name, click Add, and then click OK.
The only other change to the server was the 3 most recent Microsoft hotfixes via windows update.
Since rebooting, I cannot get back into the Group policy mmc. I am getting several errors in the log files relating to endpoint mapping, RPC and DCOM. Group policy error states that I do not have authority even though I have Enterprise admin permissions on the account I am logging in with.
Server cannot be reached by any client and cannot reach internet. Configuration is below:
Windows 2003 SBS. Single server domain with 7 clients. AD integrated domain. Server handles DNS, DHCP, File shares, and authentication. No Exchange implemented although pieces were installed with basic SBS install.
May 5, 2006 8:17 AM
May 8, 2006 9:41 PM