Getting error message when making ASP HTTP request on Windows Server 2012

350300 pts.
Tags:
ASP
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Windows Server 2012
We have an ASP website that's running on Windows Server 2012. One of our pages creates a HTTP request to another application over HTTPS. Here's the code we're using:
Sub ShopXML4http(url,inStr, outStr, method,xmlerror)
  Dim objhttp
  Set objhttp = Server.CreateObject ("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0")
  objHttp.open method, url, false
  If Method="POST" Then
    objHttp.Send instr
  Else
    objHttp.Send
  End if   
  outstr=objHttp.responseText
  Set objhttp=nothing
End Sub
It's been working 95% of the time but on the other 5%, it fails and we get an error message like this:
    Number: -2147012739

    Description: An error occurred in the secure channel support

    Source: msxml6.dll
The application was recently moved from Windows Server 2003 to 2012 and this never happened on 2003. Can anyone tell me what this is and why it's happening? Thanks!

Answer Wiki

Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when members answer or reply to this question.

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy

Discuss This Question:  

 
There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.
Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when members answer or reply to this question.

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy

Forgot Password

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.

Your password has been sent to:

To follow this tag...

There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy

Thanks! We'll email you when relevant content is added and updated.

Following