I desperately need help with my Remote Desktop Web Connection? I have spent many hours trying to get the Remote Desktop Web Connection to work. It will work on my home LAN, but not over the internet. I appreciate any help in getting this to work. Below are some notes on what happens, what I have tried, and what I have set up.
- I have downloaded and run tswebsetup.exe from MS. It set up TSWeb in wwwroot. Terminal Services Web Client now appears in my add/remove programs contol panel.
- I have Windows Firewall turned off.
- I am not running any kind of third-party firewall software on my PC.
- I have ports 80 and 3389 forwarded in my D-Link DI-624 router to the static ip of my host PC.
- I have also tried putting my host PC in the DMZ.
- I am using dyndns.com to get to my home PC over the internet.
- I can view both htm and asp pages on my home PC, from any PC on the internet, without any problems.
- I can view the /tsweb/default.htm over the internet just fine. However, when I enter into the "server" field and press enter then one of two things happen.
A) If I enter the "name" of the host then I immediately receive the "VBScript: Remote Desktop Disconnected" dialog saying, "The specified remote computer could not be found. Verify that you have typed the correct computer name or IP address, and then try connecting again."
B) If I enter the "IP Address" of the host then it "thinks" for about 30 seconds and then I receive the ""VBScript: Remote Desktop Disconnected" dialog saying, "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accpet new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection. Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact your administrator."
- I have used canyouseeme.org to check my ports 80 and 3389. Both are visible.
- I have used PortQry.exe and the 3389 is enabled.
- I have looked at netstat -a in the cmd screen and the host name is "listening" on 3389.
I'm stumped. Any ideas on where I can go from here?
Thanks in advance!!
December 11, 2006 11:03 PM
March 11, 2008 4:10 PM