After talking to my Cisco guru, I have an answer for you. It may not be the answer you were looking for, though.
If you are wanting to do a backup of your running config, but are unable to save it, the simple way would be to do the following:
1. Open HyperTerminal (Accessories->Communication->Hyperterminal)
2. Name the connection whatever you like
3. Have it connect using TCP/IP(Winsock)
4. enter your routers information, connect, and login
5. click on Transfer in the menu (File, Edit, View, Call, TRANSFER, Help)->Capture Text
6. Give it the location and file you want to save your running config to
7. Click on Start
8. run the following command
9. go to Transfer->Capture Text
10. Click on Stop
You now have a backup of your running config.
As for the corrupted Nvram, I’m sorry. I don’t have an answer for you there.