That’s a fascinating idea. I can’t thing of any way to do this using any standard Notes functionality. The only way I can think of to accomplish this would be to use LotusScript.
– create a subform that you would call with dialogbox,
– grab the characters entered by the user
– get the list as an array
– loop through each element of the array
– check to see if the characters entered match characters in that element. Put the element in a display list if they match.
– display the final list to the user in a dialogbox field with the same name as the one on the form.
You could do this with one of the R6 @Formula looping functions as well.
Good luck! Let me know what you do.