Open the room in its own profile.
1. Close outlook and open the mail icon in the control panel.
2. Click show profiles and select “prompt for a profile to be used” and click OK
3. Open outlook and you will get a prompt for which profile to use, Click New” and set up your room as a profile.
4. Open the room profile and go to Tools>options and click on the “calendar options” button.
5. Next click “Resource Scheduling”. Select “Automatically decline conflicting meeting requests and process cancellations”. Click OK
You can also set more options up through OWA.
1. Open your email account in OWA.
2. Click the down arrow next to your name and type in the room name and click “open”. (You have to have full permissions to this room to open it of course).
3. In the room mailbox window which opens click “options” in the upper right corner.
4. In the left pane click “Resource Settings”.
5. Make sure “Allow conflicts” is not checked. Make any other changes here you find necessary and then click the “save” icon at the top when you are done.
The OWA settings even let you set up a personlized confirmation message if you like.