Here is what I'm planning to do to move to a CCR environment.
Current environment is
(1) - Exchange 2007 SP1 Enterprise Standalone running on Windows 2003
(2) - CAS, HUB, Edge, UM Servers running on Windows 2003
(3) - Physical sites now. All servers are at Site 1.
1. Build a Win2008 CCR cluster running Exchange 2007 SP2/3.
2. Place one node at the Primary Site - A
3. Place the second node at second Backup Site
4. Place the FSW at the third site in the DMZ.
I also want to put two more CAS/HT/Edge/UM and two DC's at the second site with the second node but in a separate AD site. They would be moved into the the main site if my primary site is gone.
My question is this. When I build the CCR cluster on Win2008, will my current Win 2003 HT servers be able to point to the new cluster or will I need to build two new HT's for the cluster on Windows 2008.
I know that my Standalone and the cluster can co-exist while I migrate maiboxes over to it, but will the other servers relay mail to the new mailboxes when they are migrated to the cluster?
It is mostly for licensing and costs estimates.
Also, is this controlled by Active Directory and the user mailbox config?
Free Guide: Managing storage for virtual environments
Complete a brief survey to get a complimentary 70-page whitepaper featuring the best methods and solutions for your virtual environment, as well as hypervisor-specific management advice from TechTarget experts. Don’t miss out on this exclusive content!