How do i restore an exchange 5.5 server onto a new server?
The reason i ask is because we want to setup a test network that is a duplicate of our production network for testing service packs etc. This network will include an exchange 5.5 server and an exchange 2003 server.
I have followed these steps but then the Information Store will not start:
1. Installed NT4 and SP6a into our existing domain as a BDC
2. Placed this on the test network and promoted it to PDC and renamed to the same as the original 5.5 server
3. Installed Exchange 5.5 with SP4.
4. Ran the optimizer and placed all paths the same as original
5. Ran a restore of the Information Store and Directory Store from a tape of the original server onto the new test box.
6. The System Attendant starts ok but the information store will not.
7. I tried running ESEUTIL and ISINTEG but they only return errors.
I have rebuilt the server numerous times but all i have tried hasnt worked!
Has anyone any ideas?
Free Guide: Managing storage for virtual environments
Complete a brief survey to get a complimentary 70-page whitepaper featuring the best methods and solutions for your virtual environment, as well as hypervisor-specific management advice from TechTarget experts. Don’t miss out on this exclusive content!