It is simply emptying the deleted folder on the schedule that is set. If you want to change it or just to know how it works here is some good information:
The Deleted Items folder should be emptied on regular basis to help preserve your account quota and to keep your account organized. For more information about account quotas, refer to Account Quotas. There are several options available in Entourage for deleting items; the best option for you will depend on your personal working style.
* Emptying Deleted Items with a Schedule
* Emptying Deleted Items upon Demand
return to topEmptying Deleted Items with a Schedule
Entourage allows you to set up a schedule to empty your Deleted Items folder. In this example, instructions on how to empty the Deleted Items folder upon exit will be shown. The mail that will be deleted upon exit will be all mail in the Deleted Items folder that is older than 5 days old.
1. From the Tools menu, select Schedules
The Schedules dialog box appears.
schedules dialog box
2. Verify that Empty Deleted Items Folder is selected
NOTE: A checkmark appears next to the option when it is selected.
3. Double click EMPTY DELETED ITEMS FOLDER
The Edit Schedule dialog box appears.
Edit Schedule dialog box
4. From the When pull-down list, select the desired option
EXAMPLE: Select On Quit
5. In the Action section from the pull-down lists, select the desired options
1. From the Action pull-down list, select Delete Mail
2. From the from pull-down list, select Deleted Items
3. In the older than text box, type 5
6. Click OK
Emptying Deleted Items upon Demand
If you are using Entourage throughout the day to send and receive messages or update your calendar you may want to clean up your space as you work.
Emptying Deleted Items: All
1. From the Navigation pane, click MAIL Mail button
2. In the Folders list, press [control] and click DELETED ITEMS » select Empty ‘Deleted Items’
A confirmation dialog box appears.
3. Click EMPTY
Emptying Deleted Items: Selected Items
1. From the Navigation pane, select MAIL Mail button
2. From the Folders list, click DELETED ITEMS
The contents of the Deleted Items folder appear.
3. To selecting a group of contiguous messages
1. Select the first message to be deleted
2. Hold down the [shift] key
3. Select the last message to be deleted
To select a group of non-contiguous messages
1. Select the first message to de deleted
2. Hold down the [command] key
3. Select the next item
4. Repeat steps b and c until all messages to be deleted are selected
4. Click Delete button