I have a DC with Exchange 2003 on Server 2003.
I am having some DNS problems which I belive is causing Outlook to Exchange connectivity issues.
I understand that there should be a DNS entry _ldap._tcp.dc._mcdcs in the DNS. I did not have this and I tried to manually add it. I have it in the forward lookup zones.
The only warning I get is in the application log:
MSExchangeDSAccess event ids 2105 and 2106 every 15 min.
Thank you for any help you can provide!
When I type nslookup I get:
*** Can't find server name for address 10.10.0.26: Non-existent domain
Default Server: UnKnown
When I type dcdiag I get this error:
Testing server: Default-First-Site-NameBMZ-SERVER
Starting test: Connectivity
The host 43132910-dc4a-4cf3-9961-79807936892b._msdcs.hun.bmzlaw.com could not be resolved to an IP address. Check the DNS server, DHCP, server name, etc
Although the Guid DNS name
(43132910-dc4a-4cf3-9961-79807936892b._msdcs.hun.bmzlaw.com) couldn't be resolved, the server name (BMZ-SERVER.hun.bmzlaw.com) resolved to the IP address (10.10.0.26) and was pingable. Check that the IP address is registered correctly with the DNS server.
.......BMZ-SERVER failed test Connectivity