Here are the steps to get a logon script to work on the local machine:
1. Create a new folder that will contain your logon scripts (can be anywhere and any name)
2. Share the folder and the share name must be “netlogon”
3. Create your script:
echo logon %username% %computername% %date% %time% >> C:\logon.log
4. Save the script as a .bat file like script.bat.
5. Place the script in the shared folder
6. Go to Computer Management -> Local users and Groups
7. Double click on the username that logs into the computer
8. In the Profile tab, put the name of your script, script.bat, in the Logon Script field. You don’t need a path just the script name if it is located in the netlogon share.
9. Log out and logon as that user.