Without the iSCSI service, the Server service can’t start file shares. Therefore, you need to make the Server service dependent on the iSCSI Initiator. To do so, follow these steps:
1. On the server experiencing the problem, open a command prompt by going to Start | Run.
2. In the Open text box, enter cmd, and press [Enter].
3. Enter sc config LanManServer depend= MSiSCSI, and press [Enter].
Make sure that your iSCSI volume connections are persistent. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Go to Start | Control Panel, and double-click the iSCSI Initiator.
2. On the Initiator Settings tab, click the Bind Volumes button, and click OK.