Data missing when printing label by Zebra 100XiIII Plus

5 pts.
Tags:
C++
Zebra printers
ZPL
There is a strange problem that some items are missing on the label from time to time. The possibility is about 0.1%. My 100XiIII is on parrallel port, I use ZPL language, code by Visual C++ 2008. The missing items are mixture of alphabet and number. I have tried to change the cable, printer, PC, but the the same problem occured still some time. Do you know what's the root cause?

Answer Wiki

Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.

Not an answer but we get a similar problem with zebra’s using ZPL
Once and a while it will miss a whole label off from a batch and then print fine. Not found the cause as yet a reprint produces the label

Discuss This Question: 3  Replies

 
There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.
Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when members answer or reply to this question.

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy
  • WoodEngineer
    I used Zebra printers in a former life. It is a good product. We had the same experience as MelOrman. A partial or missing label did occur once in a great while but it did not effect the labels which followed. Just chalk it up to sun spots.
    6,715 pointsBadges:
    report
  • MrObvious
    In my facility, when the zebra's skip a label, it's normally caused by someone putting the ribbon in the machine incorrectly. Too much drag on the ribbon. It happens often and will even corrupt the barcode even though it looks fine, the scanners won't read them. The first thing i do is check to see if the ribbon is installed properly. It's 90% of the problem with the zebras, the other 10% is dirty alignment sensors, the ones that see the gap between the labels.
    165 pointsBadges:
    report
  • Maxxime
    Hi, Did you find a solution to your problem. I get the same problem for more than two months. Thanks
    10 pointsBadges:
    report

Forgot Password

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.

Your password has been sent to:

To follow this tag...

There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy

Thanks! We'll email you when relevant content is added and updated.

Following