I've got a customer who somehow activated the content advisor for the web browser. None of us have any idea how this actually happened. Bottom-Line is that he can't browse anywhere without supplying a "Supervisor" password - which no one knows.
I've found references on the web about removing the encrypted password from the /HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/Ratings by deleting the "key" entry, but that doesn't seem to help.
One other thing I tried was to rename the ContentAdvisor registry key - but some other process put it back.
Free Guide: Managing storage for virtual environments
Complete a brief survey to get a complimentary 70-page whitepaper featuring the best methods and solutions for your virtual environment, as well as hypervisor-specific management advice from TechTarget experts. Don’t miss out on this exclusive content!