I've had a question with Connection Filtering. I have configured an Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 STD. I've had exchange server running for almost 8 months now. Recently, out of the blue the exchange server suddenly stopped receiving any mail at all and the error message is that all mail are being blocked, but outbound mail is not affected. So I spent quite a few hours trying to resolve this issue and I even talked to our ISP if we are being blocked somwehere. I was unable to find any solutions in Internet and even in Microsoft Support site. Out of intinct I looked at the exchange configuration in System Manager and looked at the connection filtering. There name of a domain that I haved added a few months back to be blocked is the same domain name that is in the error message that said our mail is being blocked. As soon as I deleted that domain block I started receiving mail and it is even faster than before.
I guess my question is, I thought that connection filtering in exchange 2003 is suppose to be a spamm blocker (a crude sort of way), why all of a sudden all mail was being blocked by this one entry...
My issue was solved, but I am really curious why it happened...
Thanks for your input...
November 7, 2005 9:06 AM
November 8, 2005 3:47 PM