Create an SMTP connector and set the first server to forward it’s mail to the second server as its smart host on the general tab of the connector properties.
Can you be any more specific or give a better step-by-step? I don’t really understand what I need to do. I have never done this before. I know how to create a new connector, but from there I am lost of what to do, there is a bridgehead section, smarthost section, etc. I will post what I’m trying to accomplish, it’s regarding an email disclaimer.
1. If there is a bridgehead, disable it.
2. Add a second virtual SMTP server, call it “Outbound SMTP.” Then
configure this on a secondary IP address on the server.
3. Configure the “Default Virtual SMTP Server” to deliver all mail to
4. Then configure the “Outbound SMTP” to accept relay only from the
primary IP address that the “Default Virtual SMTP Server” is on.
5. When applying the event sinks, you apply them to instance 2 instead of
instance 1 (or whatever instance your Outbound SMTP server actually is).